Before we get into solutions and breakdown of what happens when Streamlabs OBS crashes, lets get 3 things out of the way:
- Do not try to run Streamlabs OBS on a Mac(book) with bootcamp or on macOS with Wine. These are currently not supported and we cannot provide any assistance with this.
- Windows 7/8 Users: Please download and install .NET Framework 4.7.2
- Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 redistributable
4 general solutions that may help resolve the issue:
- Reboot your computer.
- Re-Download Streamlabs OBS and run the installer as administrator.
- Update your video drivers and other hardware drivers/software (reboot after updating).
- Try starting Streamlabs OBS as administrator
- Open your Firewall
- IPv6 Fix
- Install DirectX
- If DirectX does not work, then please try this as well.
If you are still having the issue, you will need further support from our team- Please submit a ticket