We’ll cover how to make sure your account is linked, selecting your payment option, and importing a free overlay for your very first stream.
- Create an account on YouTube.com
- Navigate to "Stream Now" under "Live Streaming" and click "Get Started" to sign up.
- Download and install Streamlabs OBS
Once installed, launch the program and it will ask you to sign in so it knows what channel you’re going to stream with. Click Youtube and fill out your log in credentials--this information is only used to link your account and authorize streaming from the Streamlabs software.
Next, we’ll connect payment options so your viewers can send you tips:
- Navigate to your Donation Settings
- Click “Paypal” and fill out your credentials so donations can go to your account.
- Share the URL with your viewers and fans (the more visible, the better)
You can also enable other payment options like credit cards, cryptocurrencies through Coinbase, and more.
Designing Your Stream
There’s a lot of things you can do with Streamlabs OBS to improve the quality of your stream. Let's import a theme to quickly add some personality.
- Click on the Themes tab
- Browse ‘Scene themes’ for a design you like
- Click Install
The overlay theme will now appear in your editor. Once you gather the courage to hit that big green GO LIVE button there’s no turning back. Best of luck and happy streaming!