💡Note: This is only required if you are a charity organization that’s fundraising on StreamlabsCharity.com.
At present, your PayPal account may be set up for your own domestic market and currency only. For UK Sellers, this would usually mean adding (at a minimum) EUR, USD and AUD. Likewise for US sellers, set-up would likely allow for payments in GBP, EUR, CAD & AUD.
Adding currencies allows you to accept payments into specific PayPal currency accounts, USD to USD, Euro to Euro, GBP to GBP etc. It also enables you to ''Hold'' the balance of these additional currency accounts rather than converting the currency immediately. This provides the potential benefit of being able to convert against the exchange rate whenever you choose.
To accept international payments:
- Log in to your PayPal account
- Click Profile, then Profile Settings
- Click My Selling Tools
- To enable international payments, untick the Block payments from users who ''Have non-U.S. PayPal accounts''
Now you're set-up to receive international payments, let's add the currencies you want to your account.
Choose If and When Payments Are Converted
If you choose to have foreign payments converted automatically, they will convert upon receipt based on current conversion rates and sent to your account as USD. If you choose to convert payments manually, you can convert them by:
- Selecting Activity from the main menu.
- Locate pending transactions and click Accept.
- Choose to Accept this payment, convert it to USD, then Submit.
If instead you prefer to hold balanced in internation currencies, you can:
- Select Money from the main menu.
- Choose Manage Currencies.
- Choose the currency you want to hold and click Add Currency.
When you do this, new currency balances will be set up in your PayPal account and you can arrange conversion whenever you would like.